- Know where you're going
- Know where you are now
- Know why you're where you are now
4. What will you do to bridge the gap? How? By when?
With or without a coach, these are the questions you need to answer in order to get where you want to go. If what you're doing now isn't working, what do you need to change?
September is a great time to forecast your year-end. You still have time to impact this year, and, importantly- it's time to start making the changes that set you up for a fantastic 2008. Keep it simple, take the following categories and work through the questions for each.
- Hours spent in the office
- Quality of key relationships (often related to #1)
- Things you want to do or to have that you've deferred (getting to the gym, continuing ed, pro bono work, ragtop)
Consider creating a score card of your key goals- test results monthly to stay on track all year long. Your law practice should support your life- if you don't keep score, it's too easy to work all the time and complain about the results instead of owning them.
Enjoy Labor Day weekend! Barbara